How we can help you
You may like help from one of our volunteers, or if you like a volunteer could visit you for a cup of tea and a chat; so why don’t you give us a call if you need us.
These are some of the things that our volunteers are happy to help you with:
- Transport to appointments, eg doctors, hospitals, hairdressers, etc.
- Practical tasks around the house – like changing a light bulb
- Collecting prescriptions
- Help with shopping
- Light gardening work
- Filling in forms or writing letters
- Walking or feeding your pet
- Having a chat
- Giving you information about other services available
- Checking you are safe, warm and well
If you have any other requirements please ask and we will help if we can.
Arranging for a Volunteer to help or visit you
If you would like help from, or to be visited by, one of our volunteers then you can call us to make arrangements by phoning: 01844 353500
Whilst we do not make any charges for the services provided, we do have ongoing costs in running the scheme and covering the costs of providing transport; therefore any donations that you wish to make are very welcome, and very much appreciated.
Most of the work carried out by Volunteers does not cost the Scheme money, but where transport is provided costs to cover mileage and car parking fees can accrue (eg a round trip to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford could cost the Scheme around £15.00 in mileage).